A New Day has Dawned.

People everywhere are saying that electing Barack Obama is evidence that racism is over in America, and they must be right because we are already feeling the love!

We can't believe how much America has turned around! Every week we'll bring you a new story of how our fair country has become more...fair.

Have you had similar experiences in this new racism-free world? How has your life changed? Share your stories with us, and we'll put them on the blog.

One Love (for real this time),
Jamal and Tamika

Nov 25, 2008

Gentrification

Guest Blogger: Becky

Hey guys! I am really loving this post-race world. it. It’s been so much fun to live in a country where all people are valued as equal and one doesn’t have to be put down in order for another to rise up. Whew. All that “I’m richer, more connected, and treated better than you," was getting really boring.

Speaking of, I’m selling my house. You know, the one I bought in the poor neighborhood five years ago that has double in value? Remember? They just built a Starbucks on the corner next to it. Do you know anyone who wants to live here? According to the new gentrification guidelines, half of the sales profit will be invested back in this community which allowed me to own property, pay lower prices on day to day expenses and grow my wealth over the last five years. The money will help to pay the property taxes on the houses to the left and to the right of me so that the owners can afford to stay. I hear that future buyers will share the property taxes of their neighbors so as to prevent the overall driving out of poor (and often people of color) who already live there. Makes sense to me!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP