A New Day has Dawned.

People everywhere are saying that electing Barack Obama is evidence that racism is over in America, and they must be right because we are already feeling the love!

We can't believe how much America has turned around! Every week we'll bring you a new story of how our fair country has become more...fair.

Have you had similar experiences in this new racism-free world? How has your life changed? Share your stories with us, and we'll put them on the blog.

One Love (for real this time),
Jamal and Tamika

Nov 26, 2008

Names

I haven’t had to spell, repeat or re-pronounce my name to anyone in this new America. Apparently people know enough about each others’ racial groups that they have actually heard, spelled and used our names before.

My friends, Alasdair, Estanislao, Yael, Ngugi, and Duqaq are reporting the same phenomenon.

1 comments:

cest_la_vie Dec 1, 2008, 2:39:00 PM  

I have to spell my name out every time. I even get people respelling it because they thought someone else spelled it wrong. It isn't like Malissa isn't native to anything, but one letter will do it every time.

I am a middle aged, caucasian, female so it isn't quite the same and diversity isn't part of it, it is all about how my dad ecided he wanted it spelled when I was born. I wish I had something else to blame it on, but it adds to my uniqueness. :)

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP