A New Day has Dawned.

People everywhere are saying that electing Barack Obama is evidence that racism is over in America, and they must be right because we are already feeling the love!

We can't believe how much America has turned around! Every week we'll bring you a new story of how our fair country has become more...fair.

Have you had similar experiences in this new racism-free world? How has your life changed? Share your stories with us, and we'll put them on the blog.

One Love (for real this time),
Jamal and Tamika

Dec 5, 2008

Interracial Relationships


We got this email yesterday from someone who is really enjoying the New America:

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know how my life was going now that racism is over.
It's awesome! My boyfriend and I don't get a stare-down every time we go
somewhere in public.

That's right, NO STARES.

You see, my boyfriend and I used to cause quite a stir. I’m white, and he's
black. If we went anywhere- the movies, a restaurant, the park, etc. etc.,
people would stare at us, until he or I looked at them, and then they would
quickly look away, or, even worse, glare at us with open disdain. That doesn't
happen anymore!

I also no longer have to listen to my grandmother inform me how difficult I’m
making my life by dating a black man, hooray!

YAY for no racism!

-Elizabeth

Congratulations Elizabeth! It is so wonderful that interracial couples are now safe to move about the country freely and openly. Before (no joke) you really had to pick your spots for holding hands. Now, since there’s no conflict between the races, and everyone is treated equally, people don’t worry about how hard it’s going to be for your kids, or fret that you’ll just never make it. Families are stronger and happier than ever, and welcoming back the members who they thought had crossed over to the other side. As I said in an earlier, post dating is so much easier now too. No more racial tourism! Now people are learning about each other and making actual commitments. It’s downright romantic. Glad grandma finally got on board, sorry it took her 76 years, but better late than never!

Thanks for sharing. Give your boyfriend a big hug from all of us!



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP